The Potomac RIMS Career Outreach Committee is pleased to announce the launch of the 2016 Professional Mentoring Program. The objective of this program is to enhance the risk management experience by linking Risk Managers with newcomers to the field or those interested in broadening their experience. This opportunity would be open to RIMS deputy or affiliate members. For anyone interested in registering in this program, Mentorship applications are posted below and should be completed by December 18, 2015.
Mentee Qualifications and Responsibilities include:
- Any professional in the risk management field interested in being mentored
- Commit to a minimum of 2 hours per month for initial 6-month term
- Make initial contact with your assigned mentor
Mentor Qualifications and Responsibilities include:
- Any risk management and insurance professional with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Consider yourself a good teacher
- Support at least one Mentee
- Commit to a minimum of 2 hours per month per Mentee for initial 6-month term
The mentorship committee will manage the screening, matching and follow-up process. We are looking to kick off the Professional Mentoring Program in March, so get involved and sign up now!
Potomac RIMS Mentoring Guidelines
Potomac RIMS Mentor Application
Potomac RIMS Mentee Application
The Potomac RIMS Career Outreach Committee